Mayim Bialik Used Natural Labor Techniques to Cope with Injury


  Mayim Bialik is one tough mama.

  The Big Bang Theory actress, who is mom to sons Fred, 4, and Miles, 6½, says she relied on techniques used in natural child birth to handle the pain of a severe injury to her hand caused during a recent car accident.


  "[I used] a lot of deep breathing," she tellsAccess Hollywood. "Everything I used for natural labor, I absolutely used at the scene of this accident."

  Bialik, 36, says the injury is painful and she needs a lot of rest to heal, but the experience "really reaffirmed my faith in pain with a purpose and the meditative properties, the ability to lower your blood pressure, which women do in labor. It absolutely is what I used to get me through all stages of this [experience]."

  The actress – who isn't taking any prescription pain medication – also tapped her experience as a mom in the moments after the car accident.

  "I remember I thought, I'm a mom, this is not happening. I have kids waiting for me. It's my son's birthday – and it was. That was my first thought."

  Now, she's working, spending time with family, recovering – and thinking about how her cast will go with her style.

  "All the fingers move. They work," she said while wiggling her digits. "We can get this whole contraption in black for Emmy night. That's really what's important, right?"


Source : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/26/melissa-gorga-real-housewives-new-jersey_n_1832099.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Fashion Is My Drug, All Rights Reserved
Design by Dzignine and Conceptual photography